Monday, November 8, 2010

My Meals 11/8/10

Breakfast



Stew made with turkey backs, chicken thighs, leeks, garlic, celery, carrots, tomatoes, and potatoes (2 small potatoes for a pot of about 3 quarts of stew), seasoned with chili and topped with avocado

One banana topped with about 2 tablespoons of cream and 1/2 cup of walnuts

I had the same stew for lunch with some steamed broccoli seasoned with olive oil, a whole avocado, and an apple.

For a snack I had a couple of cups of full-fat yogurt topped with about 1/4 cup of almonds.  Lately I have been eating more dairy as my strength has been increasing and I find it an easy way to add some calories to my diet for weight gain.  I generally don't recommend daily intake of yogurt, milk, or cheese to anyone interested in losing fat, but for those who wish to gain weight, the insulinogenic and other growth promoting properties of protein- and lactose-containing milk products can be temporarily useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment