Monday, November 22, 2010

My Meals: 11/21/10

I don't have photos of my breakfast this day.  It consisted of some leftover beef roast; Trader Joe's turkey keilbasa; collards cooked with onions and red pepper; and some leftover green beans, bok choy, and onions.

Supper


We got frozen ahi tuna from Trader Joe's.  It came cut in two steaks each a little more than an inch thick and about 1/2 pound.  I cut them into thinner steaks about 1/2 inch thick, and seasoned each of the 4 steaks with black pepper and a very small amount of salt.  Meanwhile I cooked 2 strips of Pederson's brand uncured smoked jalapeno-flavored bacon to just crisp, removed it to drain, and added about a tablespoon of grass-finished beef tallow to the pan.  As soon as the tallow melted, I cooked the tuna steaks for about 1 minute on each side in the mixture of bacon fat and tallow.  We topped each tuna steak with 1/4 of a sliced avocado, a little salsa, and 1/2 slice of the bacon.  I think this was the best ahi tuna I have ever had, very moist and flavored by the bacon fat and tallow.

Along side the tuna we had a mixed green salad consisting primarily of romaine lettuce, with red radish, onion, and zucchini, dressed with olive oil, and sweet potatoes topped with grass-fed butter.  For dessert we had a couple of the primal chocolate chip cookies we made earlier in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment