Friday, April 1, 2011

Meat and Fat Diet Delivers Satisfying Results

I really enjoy hearing from people who have taken classes from me and gotten the awesome results you can get by putting paleo principles into practice.

Leslee Ridgeway took nutrition classes from me when I taught at Southwest Institute of Healing Arts,  and has applied the paleo principles in her own life and spread the word.  Here's part of her report: 

For example, I have a four year old and it's very hard to do the low carb thing all the way through with t ball practice and all the societal things we go to that are so backwards with nutrition. I am trying to teach and raise him the best I can without making him feel like he an outcast. Not that it is determined by diet, but it is proving difficult to adjust. His mood and behavior are like night and day difference since getting the fat and protein he needs and low sugar. I have been trying to make some stuff for him that might not be as bad, even though I have decided to pass on it for myself because of my attempts to be closer to a ketogenic diet. 
PS. My family has had a lot of health problems through the years. I suggested everyone test for gluten sensitivity after reading the book you recommended, "Dangerous Grains". So far my sister has been diagnosed with a severe gluten intolerance, and possibly has Celiac, she was referred to a doctor for more testing. She is very young and has a chance at becoming far more healthy because of that (she has thyroid disease). Several others are being tested based on the genetic trends. There are at least 50 people I know that are learning to change their diet because of the things you shared with me, that I in turn share with them.
Kids absolutely will thrive if you feed them meat and fat and limit their sugar intake.   Feed people dangerous grains and they will have a lot of health problems.  This all follows from our ancestral hunter heritage.
Grilled salmon with steamed kale

No comments:

Post a Comment