Monday, August 16, 2010

My Meals 8/16/2010

I ate this for breakfast after I did my strength training session this morning:


Half-pound of grass-fed ground beef cooked with red and yellow onions and olive oil, seasoned with chili powder
One medium red potato
About one cup of steamed bok choy
One medium orange (not pictured)
About a half cup of coconut cream (not pictured)

Here's the food list for this meal with protein, fat, carbohydrate, and calorie counts (click for larger version).  I had to substitute collards for bok choy because FitDay doesn't list bok choy, but these two vegetables have similar nutrient profiles:

1328 calories, 89g fat, 87g carbohydrate, and 54g protein.  Here's the caloric proportions for protein, fat, and carbohydrate:
 Protein 16% of energy, carbohydrate 25% of energy, fat 59% of energy.  Here's the micronutrient profile:

This one meal provided 50% or more of the RDA for all of the listed nutrients except vitamin D, vitamin E, sodium, and thiamin.  For many nutrients this one meal provided more than 100% of the RDA.  Vitamin D I get from the sun, my vitamin E requirements are low because I avoid polyunsaturated oils, we want low sodium intake relative to potassium, and thiamin is at 46%, nearly 50%, not a concern.  I'll have another meal today that will fill in the gaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment