Friday, March 19, 2010

Practically Paleo: Storing Stock

To make eating grass-fed meat more economical, I buy it frozen in large quantities.  I just got about 100 pounds of grass-fattened beef and 50 pounds of wild Kodiak salmon from Kenny Aschbacher, the Fishhugger.

I have a chest deep freezer in one corner of my office:

 

Atop the contents I put this insulation to keep them very cold:

 

This box contains grass-fed ground beef:




This bag holds 50 pounds of wild salmon bellies in five pound packages:



Two more boxes of beef steaks and roasts:


One of the shrink-wrapped steaks; notice the yellow color of the grass-fed fat:


I had a couple of the steaks today.  I enjoy buying in bulk and saving myself money and shopping time.  I won't need to purchase meat for almost 6 months now.

No comments:

Post a Comment